Notify me whenever a new video is posted
We won't send you spam.
Unsubscribe at any time
Special Offer !
I bought an $8,000 COMPUTER BEAST (2x RTX 3090)
RTX 3090 GPU
Ever since Nvidia released their new 3000 series, the demand for the new graphic cards have been over the roof! This is due to the fact that the cards are fairly cheap while giving an enormous performance increase over their previous generation cards.
The RTX3090 is their flag ship card, which is for most people a complete overkill. But for us, 3D artists, it’s a true blessing.
Rendering with Redshift
By default, Maxon Cinema4D (the program we make 3D animations with) renders on the processor. This goes very slow! Redshift is a plugin that allows us to render on the graphics card or GPU. This goes a whole lot faster.
On the Puget System website I read about the performance of the different GPU’s and that how I made my choice to purchase two RTX 3090 cards.
So, what exactly can be found on our new rendering computer?
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
- Graphics Cards: 2x GigaByte GeForce RTX™ 3090 VISION OC 24G
- SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 – 2TB
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB DDR4-3000
- Motherboard: Asro X570 CREATOR
- Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 – 1500W
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow ATX